Terms & Conditions
Aetopia Ltd is a limited company registered in Belfast, Northern Ireland, with registration number NI053321 and VAT number GB 872828486, having its principal place of business (and postal address) at 186 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 6AL and registered office at 1, Lanyon Quay, BELFAST, BT1 3LG. By continuing to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and personal use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither Aetopia Ltd nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. In no event will Aetopia Ltd, or its partners, employees or agents, be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information in this Site or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to offer further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- You understand that information transmitted over public networks may be accessed by third parties, and Aetopia Ltd will not be liable for any such unauthorised disclosure. Further, you understand that Aetopia Ltd may, at its discretion, use third-party service providers to administer Web servers and to store such information on back-up disks. You understand that a service provider may, without Aetopia Ltd’s knowledge, permit an unauthorised third party to do so on its behalf.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information that you give to us by email, contained within documents that you provide to us, by completing the form on our website, or by you registering to use our services. We only collect the following basic personal data about you:
- Job title;
- Email address;
- Other contact information such as phone number.
We may also collect your IP address, depending on how you access the service.
How will we use the information about you?
We will only collect the personal data we need from you to provide the service that we have committed to deliver to you. Examples of this include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to a request for information by email, telephone, or via the web form;
- Updating you about the progress of a requested service or product;
- Requesting further information from you about a reported issue;
- Providing a software service for a contract that your organisation has entered into.
Will the data be shared with any third parties?
If you choose to provide us with this information, Aetopia Ltd will not distribute or sell that information to anyone outside the Aetopia organisation without your express permission to do so. Aetopia will not use your information for direct marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Aetopia is an ISO 27001:2013 certified organisation (certificate available on request).
How long do we keep your data for?
If your data is used to provide a service to you, we will only retain your data for as long as we are contractually obliged to deliver the service. If you provide personal information to us via website webform, your data will be kept until your request is satisfied, at which point we will no longer record this data.
What are your rights?
You have the right to:
- Find out if we use your data;
- Access your data;
- Receive copies of your data;
- Have incorrect data updated;
- Object to particular use of your personal data;
- To have your data deleted, but we may not be able to continue to provide our service to you;
- To withdraw consent at any time where processing is based on consent.
How can you contact us?
Links to other websites
Our services may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over 3rd party websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website or service in question.